Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Writing in the New Year

Inspired by all the lovely writerly resolutions floating around on blogs, I too aspire to write more during the coming year. I was particularly struck by Terressa's goal of 500 words per day considering that she has younger and more children than I do. Apparently, she's sacrificing her sleep time to do so, which doesn't make me a pleasant or capable person to be around.

Still though, I'm sure I can find more writing time here and there, if I squeeze my schedule a bit. And what I've chosen to write is short pieces - fiction, scenes, vignettes- little dabbles here and there. At least once per day.

I'll begin compiling and get back to you in a week!

What kind of projects will you work on this year?

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I'll continue to write at least one poem a day- and this year, a project I'd like to work on is getting a chapbook together!
    Good luck, Marie- I think once you get into the habit of writing every day, you will find you soon won't be able NOT to!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right you are. I love writing, and I do write every day, but there's always room for a bit of something different.

    My biggest struggle now is trying to decide whether to start my work hours with productive, focused nonfiction or to embrace the more boundless fiction or poetry that is just for fun.

    ReplyDelete